A Season of Love

        About one week ago there were department stores flooded with hearts, chocolate candies, and beautiful bouquets of roses. Valentine's Day was among us. There were huggy couples around campus, sappy posts on Instagram, and romantic dinners downtown. Love filled the air. However, for those of us out there with no one special to celebrate with, it was simply another day. Honestly, I have never been a huge fan of Valentine's day. If you are in a committed relationship, you should consistently be showing each other love, affection, grace, and service - not just showing each other this kind of love once a year. On the other hand, I know that it is a day that serves as a reminder to love those around you, so I will not bash on it too much.

Love filled the air. 

        A few days before the dreaded love holiday, I found myself moping and whining about how I wanted to celebrate with someone special. Lately, I had found myself scrolling through social media and seeing so many engagement posts, committed couples, and wedding photos. I fell into a deep pit of loneliness and longing. I simply wanted to love and be loved. I woke up that Valentine's Day morning dreading the coming hours. I knew everyone would be poking and prodding into my personal life inquiring if I had someone special to spend that evening with. The overwhelmingly disappointing answer was always "no, I don't" with a hushed giggle. No, I did not have a candlelit dinner or a bouquet of flowers awaiting my arrival that night. No, I did not have someone to hug or laugh over a meal with.

I feel into a deep pit of loneliness. I simply wanted to love and be loved. 

         However, nearing the end of the day, I had a realization. As I walked into my room and saw my bible sitting on my desk, I knew the answer to my desperate longing for love. I did have someone special to spend not just that night with, but every single night, morning, and day with. Our Heavenly Father will never leave us nor forsake us. For He is always with us, and He shows us more love in one tiny moment than anyone could in their entire life. He continually shows me an abundant amount of love and grace each and every day. I cried out to God that night to remind me that I do not need a person on this Earth to complete me. I am whole. More importantly, I am loved more than I can even imagine or comprehend. For those of you out there consumed by the worldly desires to have that "someone special," I promise He is eagerly waiting for you.

For those of you out there consumed by the worldly desires to have that "someone special," I promise He is eagerly waiting for you. 

Comments

Popular Posts