As the seasons change

           The sun starts to rise later. The darkness comes earlier. Brown leaves lay beneath the bare trees that gave them life. There may even be a smell of peppermint in the air. These are all signs that a new season is upon us. As this season makes its way into our lives, the beautiful colorful leaves, pumpkin spice, and brisk days leave us behind. The ending of one season and beginning of another is a time of tiny, minuscule changes that somehow lead us to a complete different world. I think our spiritual lives are like this in some ways too.

The ending of one season and beginning of another is a time of tiny, minuscule changes that somehow lead us to a complete different world.

          Seasons in our spiritual lives tend to come and go in waves, some lasting much longer than others. They are not on a schedule, and every single person has seasons that vary in length. Sometimes it feels like a season in our lives is never-ending. Sometimes the changing of the seasons is unnoticeable until big changes happen in front of our eyes. Oddly enough, I have felt with this actual season changing, as my spiritual season is being transformed as well. As each day goes, I feel less concerned with the ways of this world. I feel less enslaved to my homework and exams, and I am clinging more to my Savior for my joy. I do not feel the need to prove myself to every person I met because I know that Christ has already chosen me. I purposefully create time in my hectic life to spend time with the One who gave me everything I have. It is becoming easier every day to set aside the stresses, to-do lists, and worries of the world to focus on the only thing that truly matters.

 It is becoming easier every day to set aside the stresses, to-do lists, and worries of the world to focus on the only thing that truly matters. 

       However, the season to get here was long and difficult. I used to consistently make excuses not to spend time in the Word or just spend time praying. I would blame homework, studying, work, fatigue, or truly any other excuse I could think of. Slowly, very slowly, things have changed over the past couple of years. It is not as simple as it seems either, and I understand this. When other friends are consumed by the ways of world and you have to find ways to make time for something that may not be as important to them. By making a decision to spend more time with God, it is a sacrifice of sleep some days. It may be a sacrifice of meeting a friend to hang-out for thirty minutes. But God gave us the most amazing sacrifice in the whole world, and the least we could do is set aside parts of our day to spend time with Him.
       
God gave us the most amazing sacrifice in the whole world, and the least we could do is set aside parts of our day to spend time with Him. 

      To the people who may stumble upon this post, I encourage you to look at the current season you are in with your spiritual lives. Maybe you struggle with finding time for fellowship or making church a priority. Maybe you struggle with reaching out to others. I do not know where you are at in your spiritual journey, but I encourage you to pray about the season you are in right now. Do not be discouraged by how long your struggle has been. I am here for you, but more importantly, Christ is with you. Have courage & let him guide you on this journey.

Have courage & let him guide you on this journey. 

Comments

Popular Posts