As one door closes...

       Behold, the last two and a half months of high school has arrived. I have almost made it to a new chapter of my life. I feel like I should be celebrating, aching to thrown on my cap and gown, and waiting eagerly to sprint out of the doors of my high school. Unfortunately, I am not. A year ago, I decided that I wanted to graduate early. It is not necessarily a life-changing decision, but it was certainly a difficult one to make. I was ready. I was stoked. I wanted to leave. I needed to get out of this school, this town, and even this state. But, here I am today staring at the face of a new adventure with a weary heart and teary eyes. I am not nearly as excited to pack up my life and move to a new city, enter a new time of my life, and make new friends. A year ago, I would have told you that high school was not for me. I would have told you I felt alone. I would have told you I did not want people to know everything about me - my family, my class rank, or my GPA. I would have told you that I did not have a reason to stay in this city any longer.

But, here I am today staring at the face of a new adventure with a weary heart and teary eyes.

       One year later, and a lot has undoubtedly changed. Now, I sit here and realize that I will miss the familiarity of high school. I will miss my family. I will miss my faithful friends. God has placed people in my life who have stretched me, walked with me, and shown me His grace on Earth. I will be forever thankful for the time I have had with them; but, there are many days when I realize the little amount of time I still have to see these people regularly.

    God has placed people in my life who have shown me His grace on Earth.

       There are days when I find myself questioning why God is letting me leave these people behind and move on so quickly. Why were these Believers not in my life sooner? Why did I make such an abrupt decision? The list goes on; but, there are other days when I am at peace with my decision, as I am learning to trust God more and more. I know that there has to be a reason far beyond my understanding that this scenario is playing out in my life. I still do not know if I am ready to move on, leave everything I know behind, and be immersed in a whole new time of my life. However, I do know that this past year has opened my eyes and my heart to step outside of my closed-in box and show the world who I am in Christ. I have realized the importance of advancing His kingdom, and I do not expect to stop growing in my walk with God - regardless of the place I will be in a few short months. I will stand in unwavering faith because I know that God will provide in all situations. I am not sure if I am ready to let go; but, I continually remind myself that as one door closes, God faithfully opens a new one.

    As one door closes, God faithfully opens a new one.

Comments

Popular Posts